Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Life in Technicolour

This post has nothing to do with my life. Just wanted to rant about something I read.


Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer apparently said recently that the difference between a mac and a pc is just $500 and a logo!!


That is not true at all! 


Think about ALLL the problems that comes with your pc that cost LOTS of money and NO guarantees!!!


1) VIRUSES - The pc doesn't even come with any free applications which can help you battle the viruses. These viruses probably exists because Microsoft ALLOWS them to. How irritating is that? Plus, to effectively battle the viruses, you need to buy an extra app which costs you more $$$ AND the protection DOESN'T even LAST. This means you have to CONTINUALLY SPEND to keep your pc VIRUS-FREE. 


2) JUNK APPS - A standard pc comes with loads of junk that you cannot even get rid of! Have you ever had a hard disk space problem and wanted to get rid of some apps which you will never use but SOME HOW, it doesn't show up in the Program Delete Application? How irritating is that? That you have to go extra miles to get what you want in your laptop?


3) SPEED and CRASHES - My macbook only crashed ONCE in its 1+ years of age, and that is because of the hard disk (not made by Apple). I can run many many many applications at one time and my mac will still give me the speed I need. I was doing video editing in Windows (installed in my macbook) and the number of times it suddenly crashed because I was running the internet at the same time was countless. So freaking irritating..........................


4) VISTA - I personally had not used this OS but judging from the reviews I got from friends and forums, I am kind of glad I am using a macbook with OS X. Using XP at home and with my macbook just really irritates me with the lack of speed and...other stuff. To the point that I just want to uninstall the OS. 


These are just some of the things I can think of. I used to be a pc user. But I am SO glad I bought a macbook instead in freshmen year. I am REALLY happy to be with my purchase and I am sure I will continue to be. Yes, buying a mac can be expensive. But compared to all the HEADACHE I would face using a pc, I can personally say that this is money well-spent. 


I guess once you yourself use a macbook, you would never turn back. Ever.