Thursday, September 17, 2009

God

I know its been awhile since I last had an entry..

I just came back from lunch and I was stopped by a Christian missionary on the way back to my room. I am not angry or anything, don't get me wrong.. I really just don't believe in believing in a religion just because I am scared of not going into heaven or just because there is impending doom and if I am not in a certain religion, I will not be saved...

I don't want to go into a religion because of that reason. But, I am glad she shared with me her faith and I appreciate that she tried her best to convince me. But, I just don't buy it. If I am going to initiate myself into a religion, it would be because I feel spiritually empty and not because I want to go to heaven or be saved or something similar for the sake of benefiting myself or "securing" a spot in heaven for myself.

I am sorry..but I think the Bible is a book written by men and whatever God or Jesus wanted to pass down, they have been lost in translation. I am not anti-Christ. I am just unconvinced of the whole religion.