Monday, April 28, 2008

One Night in BeiJing

WAHAHAHAHA..... China finally unblocked Blogspot. So, I can blog about Beijing. It's my 4th day here and the days passed by so fast. I've had a great time here so far.


First day, I had a terrible time on the plane. Boarded it at midnight. Reached Beijing around 640 with backache and bloodshot eyes. Haha..had no time to appreciate the big change in the airport since I last visited this place. Rushed out of the plane to the immigration stand (so I can at least get some head start. Yes. I am damn Kiasu. But if only you know how long one has to wait -_-) but even so I had to wait half-and-hour. After so, I rushed down the escalator thinking, "YES. Baggage claim!" Noooo...it wasn't. It was a skytrain. Sigh..Haha..I really can't wait to get out of the airport. Into the skytrain and another 15 min wait before I could reach the terminal with the baggage claim. Rushed out of the skytrain and almost ran to the rotator. HAHA. But you know, it wasn't so funny at that time. Just couldn't wait to run out of the custom. Met a pretty happy kp at the end of the line. Okay. So I was pretty happy too. Trying to be a little manly here. Haha...I took a little nap after we reached the apartment and after so, had lunch at this very wonderful place.


Alameda


It is tucked away in one small corner. Step into this surreal world if you want to escape from China. Haha..I didn't want to leave the place.


It's only after we finished our appetizer that I remembered to that I forgot to take pictures of the wonderful and very pretty food. He had this chicken and pork thing and I had salad with some different kinds of sausages. Very, Very Yummy. :D


Yes, very satisfied. Hee..


We shared a beautiful glass of wine.


HAHA...his pork fillet.


My beef mignon.


It is SUPER yummmmyyyy...


The whole purpose of this picture is to show you that I drew a face with my mashed potato. As usual, only I can see it. Hahaha..


Some Massage Parlor


We went to this massage parlor. Had a chinese massage. It didn't seem to have any effect on me whatsoever. I'm too healthy already. :D


Some (nice and well-known?) SiChuan Restaurant


We had dinner with his cousin's family at a Sichuan restaurant. It was a numbing experience. Literally. Hahaha..This cute little boy is the emperor.


The emperor smiles. hee..


2nd Day - The Red Lantern House


In the train on the way to our short getaway.


The seats in this train is covered with some cushion. Quite nice and spacious. Our country can take pointers perhaps? Haha..but this isn't the "metro" la. This is the railway. (Just in case you don't know, there is a difference)


Our getaway, The Red Lantern. It looks cool ah. Yeah. That's all.












This part is quite cool. Because kp booked a double bed (otherwise there is a choice of sharing with 7 other people? Or a single/twin bedroom. Here is the website), we had to seat on a cart(?), which was on a bicycle, to reach our room. It was in a separate location. Hence we reached our final destination (some 10-20 metres away) via this cyclist.


It was a metal cart.


From my cart's point of view.


This cyclist is definately older than 40 but he was riding quite fast with kp and I at the back la! He cycled across the road somemore leh! Scary...Haha..But it was fun. :D






It was a beautiful day. Doesn't look grey-ish at all right. Can't tell that this is china hor. Haha...I'm sorry, but GREY is the colour I'd like to describe China, and Taiwan. It is like that all year round, I don't know why. It is especially visible in winter. Haha..


This stretch sells lots of musical intruments. Looks good. Actually the whole street seems to be for the youth. The shops lining the streets are filled with fashionable clothes, shoes, toys (both for the young and the adults, if you know what I mean *wink* ).


kp had a beer while we had to wait for this irritating angmoh couple because they didn't want to check out on time. They really took their own bloody time leh! Irritating...plus we reached quite early lor. Apparently, there are quite a lot of these kind of people in China.


Nothing better to do...


Some exploration of this olden house. Oh. I didn't say earlier huh. This Red Lantern House is a sort of hostel using the old houses from the dnowhichdynasty period. So our room is the dnowhichpartofthehouse.


Outside our room. The curtain-covered room on the left (with the chairs) is our room.


Some obsession of mine with spring flowers.


The other part of the courtyard.


The linkway to the main lounge.


A fishpond with MANY goldfish. FengShui perhaps? The other lounge (in the earlier pictures) had a pond, too.


We saw this VERY cute and RARE cat. I fell in love with it la! SOOOO FLUFFFYYY!!!!!


It had a partner somemore. Cute right. :D

Brassiere Flo - GREAT restaurant. Webbie here.


Nice architecture. Beijing has lots of very nice architecture around. They seem better than the ones I saw in Shanghai leh. Dno. Everyone keeps saying how modern Shanghai is but I think Beijing can qie Shanghai. Note: This is not the restaurant.


Kp reserved our dinner at this french restaurant, apparently so that I can order in french. erm...HAHA...I didn't of course. BUT. I'm so glad he didn't. :D


Beautiful bread. Beautiful butter....*salivate*


:D


Margarita. I regret ordering this instead of wine. But I got kp to order wine so everything is fine. The wine was GREAT. Very delicious.


My French Onion soup made from scratch. None of those instant mixes. *groan*...HEAVENLY I tell you..............Kp had mushroom soup which I forgot to take picture of. But his soup was as heavenly.


Kp's starter: Escargot. Drizzled with olive oil, mint and parsley. Very, very good.


My salad. Very nice presentation, good mix of colour and flavours. Very nice blend of textures as well. Extraordinaire...


Darling with his escargot.


My main dish. Steak. Words can't tell you how happy I was when I took a bite. Okay, you know there is a scene in the first Matrix movie where one bad guy was talking to the agent in the restaurant? He was eating steak remember? That was how this steak looked..exhilarating.


HAPPY...hehehe...


Some more shots of my beef...


His main dish was seabass. Very nice and fresh.


LOOK!!!! WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..........


Our creamy, delicious, wonderful (I have veryyy limited vocab) creme brulee with something. I can't remember what. But I was savoring every bite I tell you...it was THAT good..sigh..


Posing and happy. Hee..


Satisfied and VERY full.


LOOK AT THIS CHOCOLATE!!!!! It came with our coffee and tea..GOD-HEAVENLY DELICIOUS.


If you're wondering why I seem a little red, it's because of the margarita. Haha..I was trying to finish it ASAP.


AAHHHHHMMMMM


Nice chandelier. HAHAHA...


That white cloth on kp's shoulder is my coat. :D It's quite cold.


We look nice. Hee~


Our ride.


YEAH RIGHT!!! Hahahahaha...


That's the place. :)


Third Day - Breakfast at some chinese place. Soy Milk and YouTiao.

This is 2 portions of youtiao. Sick right. Hahaha..


Kp, all serious about eating the youtiao. Hehehehe...By the way, that bowl you see there? That's the doujiang (soymilk). The youtiao had this extra nice dipping sauce. It was very good.


Dinner - Annie's (Italian restaurant, didn't take pictures) & The Tree


Kp's drinking Irish Stout. Very smooth, very nice.


:D


My beer and his.


It tasted like apple juice with sprite and lemonade. HAHA...nice! The waitress warned that it'd be sour. It wasn't to me. Kp couldn't stand it. Haha..he was happy with his stout. We had pizza, we took pictures, but iI think I accidently deleted it or something :(. The pizza was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good. HAHA..


Okay. So that's it for the past 3 days. Today is stay-at-home day. kp has to work you see. I have been doing this entry for the past 4 hours lor..shag..


Blog more soon. :)